TruthInvestigate

“Oh, the unspeakable greatness of that exchange,—the Sinless One is condemned, and he who is guilty goes free; the Blessing bears the curse, and the cursed is brought into blessing; the Life dies, and the dead live; the Glory is whelmed in darkness, and he who knew nothing but confusion of face is clothed with glory.”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingsland, Georgia, United States

A person God turned around many times.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Bound to walk by faith and not by sight

“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” (Eph. 6:10,11).

It is so exciting to see many people coming out of the dense darkness that has been pervading this world. Below is my comment to an Australian woman who desires to walk only by faith in Jesus without any of the many safety nets of Babylon. These new babes in Christ are not caught up in the counterfeit revival that is sweeping the denominations. They may go to the denominational and non-denominational churches, but they are not of the counterfeit spirit. These new babes have Jesus moving them. They want to talk about Jesus, not the chit chat that is so common in the churches, and that benefits no one. They are serious about their relationship with Jesus, are not carried away with the special effects of worship bedlam and Christless religion. They want to know more about this God “who hath delivered [them] from the power of darkness, and hath translated [them] into the kingdom of His dear Son.” (Col. 1:13). They have experienced the gospel, and therefore have something to say about it. The other 99 sheep in the churches that have never had a need of repentance because they have made themselves justified, have never sought Jesus’ forgiveness from dire sins and bondage. And because they have never sought, they never have obtained it. And that leaves them with nothing to say about Jesus and His salvation, and no desire to talk about it and Him.

So, this brave woman seeks a closer walk with Jesus by following her convictions, and she desires to widen the chasm between her and the delusion of the devils, from which Jesus has so dramatically saved her.

~ ~ ~


My comment:

As Jesus called His disciples, we are called to walk with Jesus by faith and not by sight. “Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” (John 14:17,18).

But, we must ever be sober and vigilant because the devil wants to sift us like wheat and devour us. So our heavenly High Priest “ever liveth to make intercession for [us].” (Heb. 7:25). He also teaches us, and on this issue of walking by faith and not by earthly safety nets, Jesus cautions us to move forward in His grace judiciously, and ever conscious and balanced by His truth. I refer to His parable in Matthew 13.

“Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.... But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.” (Matt. 13:5,6,20,21).

I’m not saying this to discourage you. We can claim the promises,

“The LORD is their strength, and He is the saving strength of His anointed.” (Ps. 28:8).

“So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before Thee. Nevertheless I am continually with Thee: Thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with Thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but Thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee.” (Ps. 73:22-27).

“I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of Thy righteousness, even of Thine only. O God, Thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared Thy wondrous works. Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed Thy strength unto this generation, and Thy power to every one that is to come. Thy righteousness also, O God, is very high, who hast done great things: O God, who is like unto Thee! Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.” (Ps. 71:16-20).

But, we must also keep examining ourselves to know at each moment whether or not we are in the faith. Do we have the faith of David? And thus are we able to claim all of his blessings for ourselves? If we have been anointed, as you have been, then our Lord Jesus Christ will continuously correct us, and even sometimes scourge us, but He will continue to protect us and keep us. He will be our shield and exceeding great reward.

“For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.” (Jer. 30:11).

The first Saul heard, “And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man. And let it be, when these signs are come unto thee, that thou do as occasion serve thee; for God is with thee.” (1Sam. 10:6,7).

Yet, the second Saul tempered that liberty in the Spirit. “All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.” (1Cor. 10:23). “Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.” (1Cor. 10:12). “Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.” (Phil. 4:5).

Bless you, sister. Whatever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might. “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (2Tim. 1:7).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home