TruthInvestigate

“Oh, the unspeakable greatness of that exchange,—the Sinless One is condemned, and he who is guilty goes free; the Blessing bears the curse, and the cursed is brought into blessing; the Life dies, and the dead live; the Glory is whelmed in darkness, and he who knew nothing but confusion of face is clothed with glory.”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingsland, Georgia, United States

A person God turned around many times.

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Adventists beware, or we may find ourselves excluded from the Latter Rain

“When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.” (Acts 11:18).

The Jews were God’s chosen people. They were special to Him because they reflected their father Abraham. But eventually, as a nation they loved Satan and hated Jehovah.

“Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool: where is the house that ye build unto Me? and where is the place of My rest? For all those things hath Mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at My word.” (Isa. 66:1,2).

Yes, they had the temple. Yes, they had the Hebrew religion. Yes, they had the pure sacrificial and the ceremonial systems. They were “Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles.” (Gal. 2:15). They looked good, real good. But they wouldn’t tremble at His word. They wouldn’t be made poor and contrite. He couldn’t get into their hearts. They missed the whole message from their uncorrupted sacrificial and ceremonial systems.

“For Thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: Thou delightest not in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise.” (Ps. 51:16,17).

“Behold, Thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part Thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which Thou hast broken may rejoice.” (Ps. 51:6-8).

“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from Thy presence; and take not Thy holy Spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation; and uphold me with Thy free Spirit.” (Ps. 51:10-12).

Israel would not fall on the Stone and be broken. And this was their downfall. What about us? We have the Sabbath, the sanctuary, the truth on the state of the dead, the true Second Advent, the Spirit of prophecy. Will we stumble upon the Unknown God and fall upon His Mediator?

Jesus couldn’t get into their thinking. His Spirit of righteousness couldn’t enter and invigorate their spirits of sinfulness. His holy Spirit couldn’t quicken their spirits that were dead to all things holy. Throughout the centuries as their God, He could save but few. Through good times and bad, His benefits and punishments, His blessings and His curses, every opening He made they closed off.

“He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.” (Matt. 11:15-17).

What about us SDAs? Aren’t we indicted by ancient Israel?

From Healthy Living, 1169-1173, p. 280, 281

“The Modern Church Repeating the History of Ancient Israel. The trials of the children of Israel, and their attitude just before the first coming of Christ, illustrate the position of the people of God in their experience before the second coming of Christ. Review and Herald, 1890, No. 7.

“Satan’s snares are laid for us as verily as they were laid for the children of Israel just prior to their entrance into the land of Canaan. We are repeating the history of that people. T., No. 31, p. 156.

Do we tremble at these words? Are they the word of the Lord to us? Or, are we treating Ellen White as inconsequential, like Israel treated Moses and the prophets, despising the messengers of the Lord, and then building great sepulchers in honor of them?

Do we treat the Sunday denominations’ genuine converts to Jesus with the disdain that the Jews treated the Samaritans? Have we read the following statement correctly?

Notwithstanding the widespread declension of faith and piety, there are true followers of Christ in these churches [emphasis mine]. Before the final visitation of God’s judgments upon the earth there will be among the people of the Lord such a revival of primitive godliness as has not been witnessed since apostolic times. The Spirit and power of God will be poured out upon His children. At that time many will separate themselves from those churches [emphasis mine] in which the love of this world has supplanted love for God and His word. Many, both of ministers [emphasis mine] and people, will gladly accept those great truths which God has caused to be proclaimed at this time to prepare a people for the Lord’s second coming. The Great Controversy, p. 464.

According to the above quote, “the people of the Lord”, who receive the revival of primitive godliness that will rival the Gentile majority apostolic church, are many true children of Christ in the Sunday denominations. They and many of their pastors will come out of their churches and join the 144,000 of the Advent movement that will be preparing to battle for the heavenly Canaan.

I saw that the holy Sabbath is, and will be, the separating wall between the true Israel of God and unbelievers; and that the Sabbath is the great question to unite the hearts of God’s dear, waiting saints.
     I saw that God had children who do not see and keep the Sabbath. They have not rejected the light upon it. [emphasis mine] And at the commencement of the time of trouble, we were filled with the Holy Ghost as we went forth and proclaimed the Sabbath more fully…. This enraged the churches and nominal Adventists,… as they could not refute the Sabbath truth. And at this time God’s chosen all saw clearly that we had the truth, and they came out and endured the persecution with us [emphasis mine].
 Early Writings, p. 33.

The idea may seem counter-intuitive; it may sound heretical to Adventists; it may be unwelcome. But, from what I am witnessing on YouTube the Sunday denominations right now have many people who are getting ready to preach the everlasting gospel in the Latter Rain. These newborns in Jesus are getting ready to be among the 144,000. Even if they wrongly believe that the 144,000 will be converted Jews during the last half of a purported secret rapture period and seven year tribulation, these new converts from every nation and denomination, whose hearts and will have been humbled and broken by Jesus, will preach and testify in the Latter Rain according to Great Controversy, page 464.

They have not rejected the light on the Sabbath or our other distinctive doctrines as their fathers have, and as the groups have in which they are a part. True, they are heavily influenced by the errors of Rome still existing strong in the Sunday denominations. But, under the new future, powerful revival within faithful Seventh Day Adventist regenerated children of God, and the persecution that they will undergo because of their preaching, multitudes of the current explosion of people falling on the humbling, stumbling Stone, will come out from among those churches and join the Adventist people. There will have been deep repentance toward God and faith in Jesus, not only in those testifying, but also in the many YouTube commenters rejoicing together with them in their testimonies.

As we saw in Angela’s and Charo’s testimonies, and many other non-Adventist YouTube testimonies, the Lord is gathering a people to do the final work. He is doing the work Himself because Laodicea has been slumbering and sleeping, and far from holding the truth in righteousness. Adventists beware: if we fight against the YouTube testimonies that align with Steps to Christ and the rest of the Spirit of Prophecy, then Jesus will fight against us for their sake. We may find ourselves excluded from the Latter Rain.

“Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased Him that there was no judgment.
And He saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore His arm brought salvation unto Him; and His righteousness, it sustained Him.
For He put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon His head; and He put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.
According to their deeds, accordingly He will repay, fury to His adversaries, recompence to His enemies; to the islands He will repay recompence.
So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and His glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.
And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.” (Isa. 59:15-20).

It is a scary thought that, with me or without me, the gospel will be preached. But, the precedent for that happened to the Jews 2,000 years ago.

“For more than a thousand years the Jewish people had awaited the Saviour’s coming. Upon this event they had rested their brightest hopes. In song and prophecy, in temple rite and household prayer, they had enshrined His name. And yet at His coming they knew Him not.” Desire of Ages, p. 27.

“Among those whom the Jews styled heathen were men who had a better understanding of the Scripture prophecies concerning the Messiah than had the teachers in Israel. There were some who hoped for His coming as a deliverer from sin [emphasis mine]. Philosophers endeavored to study into the mystery of the Hebrew economy. But the bigotry of the Jews hindered the spread of the light. Intent on maintaining the separation between themselves and other nations....” Desire of Ages, p. 33.

“Among those whom [Christ’s disciples] had been taught to despise were souls longing for help from the mighty Healer, hungering for the light of truth, which had been so abundantly given to the Jews.” Desire of Ages, p. 402.

“Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.” (Matt. 21:43).

“The Lord is…longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” (2Pet. 3:9).

But “He is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness… The day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night.” (2Pet. 3:9,10).

“The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilt.” (Ex. 34:6,7).

“Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant. And He shall break it as the breaking of the potters” vessel that is broken in pieces; He shall not spare.” (Isa. 30:13,14).

What are the fruits Jesus is waiting to see? Honest self-assessments, surrender, repentance, obedience to His Law through His Spirit.

Honest assessment of self’s standing before God.

“Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?” (2Cor. 13:5).

“And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.” (Luke 18:13,14).

“Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.” (Matt. 16:24).

“And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after Me, cannot be My disciple.” (Luke 14:27).

Angela’s thoughts were without guile before God. “Am I truly saved? Am I truly born again? If I am, how could I have lived this wicked life, 20 years in the church looking no different that anybody else in the world, and do the things that I have done and lived the life I have lived, if I was truly born again, if I had real salvation.”

Charo’s was the same. “Like I do now, for example. [Before] it was a thing of, ‘Well, I haven’t done that’. ‘I need to [do that], I need to.’ It wasn’t [like now], ‘I want to, I desire to.’

Or, even praying, you know, before I would [say]—‘I’ll pray for my dad to be saved. I’ve got to pray for my grandparents to be saved.’ It was this, ‘Check, check, check’ [from] a list of to-do. It wasn’t a desire. There wasn’t a Spirit [implanted] desire in me. It was just my to-do list.

Another thing I realized was there was no power in my life to overcome sin. I would see things in my heart that were wrong. [I would] see things in my life that were wrong, and [I would] just go, ‘Man I just need to get a grip and do this. I just need to buckle [down] and do this [right thing], or stop doing this [wrong thing].’ And I would just beat myself up all the time, ‘I cannot overcome this in my life. Why am I having so much trouble with this?’ And I would see other Christians that I knew, and think, ‘Yeah, they have problems, but it’s almost like… they overcome. Why is it that I am stuck on this one thing, or on this other thing? Why is it hard for me to forgive? Why is it hard for me to stop doing this, or not do this, or whatever? Why is it so hard?’

And I’m not painting a picture of a Christian that is, you know, walking on a cloud, that doesn’t have problems. But there is that power to overcome, and I could not see in my life that [overcoming power]. [My life] was just struggle, and struggle. And I felt like I was getting worse, that I was just even struggling to appear…to appear godly. And I’m thinking, ‘A Christian does not have to struggle for that.’ I mean, at least I knew enough from preaching and years of, you know, at least hearing my husband, and hearing other preachers.

You know, and other things, I would wander when preaching was going on, I would just—my mind would be on the grocery list. It was like my mind was somewhere, it was always wandering.… Or, even the fact that I would think, ‘Oh, that person can do that. But that’s because they are emotional, [and] I’m just not an emotional type of person.’  You know, ‘They cry and they go to the altar. But well, I’m just not that kind of person.’ It was always an excuse for [continuing] my [old] ways. It was always, ‘Well, so-and-so is ministering. Oh, that’s because she wanted to be nice [just] to show off.’ [Reproof] wasn’t anything about me; I always had an excuse for what was going on in my heart, to make me feel better. But that wasn’t even working anymore. [My focus began to change.] It wasn’t about anyone else. It wasn’t about what so-and-so was doing [or] what so-and-so wasn’t doing. It was on my heart.”

This is practical godliness.

Humiliation before God

“And they that are left of you shall pine away in their iniquity in your enemies’ lands; and also in the iniquities of their fathers shall they pine away with them.” (Lev. 26:39).

“Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.” (1Pet. 5:6).

Surrender to the will (the Law) of the King.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts [higher] than your thoughts.” (Isa. 55:9). “Now we know that what things soever the Law saith, it saith to them who are under the Law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.” (Rom. 3:19).

This means surrender to the super-high standard of God’s righteousness, surrender to His chastising Spirit of Prophecy.  “For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.” (Rom. 10:3).

“Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.” (1Pet. 5:6).

“And therefore will the LORD wait, that He may be gracious unto you, and therefore will He be exalted, that He may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for Him.” (Isa. 30:18).

“If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against Me, and that also they have walked contrary unto Me;
And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:
Then will I remember My covenant with Jacob, and also My covenant with Isaac, and also My covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.” (Lev. 26:40-42).

“I was alive without the Law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Wherefore the Law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.” (Rom. 7:9-13).

“He that believeth on [the Son of God] is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already.” (John 3:18).

“Then Job answered the LORD, and said, Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer Thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth. Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further.” (Job 40:3-5).

First surrender to the Law and will of God, then surrender to the grace of His Crown Prince.

Taken from my June 30 post: “…And so what happened was there was a retreat at the church I was going to—and it was strange—it was like this was the first time. Before I was always kind of forced to go to church. But this was the first time after months of feeling guilty that there was just a new feeling about it. It was like there was some—. God was doing something, and I didn’t understand what it was. But on Saturday night I got alone by myself and I just cried out to God. I wasn’t around anybody. There wasn’t anybody telling me what to do. I didn’t even know what to pray. But I needed help.

And I began to cry out to God for Him to take me, to change me, to save me. And really all I could say at first was, “I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” I just repeated that over and over to the Lord. I was just broken. Just weeping before the Lord because I knew what made it so bad, what made the feeling so heavy was that God was so good. It was like, I had never known the presence of God before. But that night God came—it was unmistakable—God came. And it was like, His goodness was present. His love and His worth [were] present. And I was broken. I felt, I felt like humbled to the dust, clinging to the dust because I had sinned against a God that was good.

I had sinned against a God that was holy and lovely and pure, and a God even who had loved me. And I knew that. I don’t know how I knew that, but I knew that. And I was broken because of it. Just full of remorse and just telling the Lord, ‘I’m sorry, I’m sorry.’

But then, the tears of pain and of contrition out of nowhere turned into joy. And it was like my soul was flooded with assurance that God accepted me, God loved me. I belong[ed] to God and I didn’t even really know the right terminology about, ‘I’m saved’, or I didn’t know to say that. But I knew this: I was saying ‘Jesus is my Lord.’ That’s what I was saying. And I was telling the Lord, I just told Him, I said, ‘God’—I mean I can remember saying this, just telling the Lord, ‘You can have my life. Just take my life. I don’t want to keep it. I want it to be Yours.’ It was like, it was surrender, but it was a happy surrender. And that’s really what it means, like in the Bible when you see yourself as a sinner when you begin to feel heavy laden, Christ says, ‘Come to Me.’ And that’s what I did.”

“Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to Him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God…. But now we are delivered from  [the curse of] the Law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.” (Rom. 7:4,6).

“For I delight in the Law of God after the inward man: but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?” (Rom. 7:22-24).

“And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a Man with him until the breaking of the day. And when He saw that He prevailed not against him, He touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob’s thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with Him.” (Gen. 32:24,25).

It was in the wrestling with the heavenly Adversary that Jacob gained the faith that would justify him before God.

“… And he said, I will not let Thee go, except Thou bless me…. And He said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.… And He blessed him there.” (Gen. 32:26,28,29).

And then came the glorious picture of a well-worn soldier coming home from war. “And as [Israel] passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.” (Gen. 32:31).

“Yea, he had power over the Angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto Him: He found him in Bethel, and there He spake with us.” (Hos. 12:4).

“By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” (Heb. 10:10).

“But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the Law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.” (Gal. 3:23,24).

“The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” (John 3:35,36).

Powerful repentance with faith in Jesus' grace that reaches all the way to heaven

“Hear, I beseech Thee, and I will speak: I will demand of Thee, and declare thou unto me.
I have heard of Thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth Thee.
Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.” (Job 42:4-6).

“Thousands were led to embrace the truth preached by William Miller, and servants of God were raised up in the spirit and power of Elijah to proclaim the message. Like John, the forerunner of Jesus, those who preached this solemn message felt compelled to lay the ax at the root of the tree, and call upon men to bring forth fruits meet for repentance. Their testimony was calculated to arouse and powerfully affect the churches and manifest their real character. And as the solemn warning to flee from the wrath to come was sounded, many who were united with the churches received the healing message; they saw their backslidings, and with bitter tears of repentance and deep agony of soul, humbled themselves before God. And as the Spirit of God rested upon them, they helped to sound the cry, ‘Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of His judgment is come.’” Early Writings, p. 233.
 
“John had been bitterly disappointed in the result of his mission. He had expected that the message from God would have the same effect as when the law was read in the days of Josiah and of Ezra (2 Chronicles 34; Nehemiah 8, 9); that there would follow a deep-seated work of repentance and returning unto the Lord. For the success of this mission his whole life had been sacrificed. Had it been in vain?” Desire of Ages, p. 216.
    
“I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen and was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the True Witness to the Laodiceans. This will have its effect upon the heart of the receiver, and will lead him to exalt the standard and pour forth the straight truth. Some will not bear this straight testimony. They will rise up against it, and this is what will cause a shaking among God’s people.  
     I saw that the testimony of the True Witness has not been half heeded. The solemn testimony upon which the destiny of the church hangs has been lightly esteemed, if not entirely disregarded. This testimony must work deep repentance; all who truly receive it will obey it and be purified.” Early Writings, p. 270.

“But when Jesus heard that, He said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” (Matt. 9:12,13).

“I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.” (Luke 15:7).

“Him hath God exalted with His right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.” (Acts 5:31).

Obedience to God’s Law through the Spirit

“But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.” (Acts 26:20).

“But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but He that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Whose fan is in His hand, and He will throughly purge His floor, and gather His wheat into the garner; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.” (Matt. 3:7-12).

“And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.” (Luke 24:47).

“Him hath God exalted with His right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.” (Acts 5:31).

“Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.” (2Cor. 7:9-11).

“And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” (Rom. 8:10-13).

Taken from my post January 6:

“So I got down one night soon after I was reading the Bible, maybe a few days later. I just prayed, I remember praying, I prayed, and I was like, ‘Jesus, if You are real, can You please show me that You are real, or show me that this is true?’ And I had a dream immediately. And in my dream—it’s hard to explain—but, it’s like I saw a figure in front of me, and I knew it was Jesus. He was just standing there, and I knew it was Jesus. I’m not saying that was actually Jesus in my dream, but when I prayed for that dream I had it and I knew that this was it.

So, from that point on I just got on my knees and just confessed my sins, gave my life to Jesus Christ, gave my life to God. And my whole life just changed. The Holy Spirit came over me, my whole spirit just changed. All those things I told you about, smoking, drinking, cheating, adultery, all that stuff fell off, Boom, Boom, Boom, like it was nothing. Everything was leaving me. And I was overcoming that stuff like it was nothing. I lie to you not. Things that I thought were impossible, things that I had questions, things that I have seen many, many people not be able to overcome, Jesus showed me that it’s been possible, and I have overcome them myself. And I’m a living testimony. And all of these things were just falling off of me just easily. And every day that goes by I’ve been worshiping Jesus more and more. He’s been providing more and more miracles in my life everyday.

And that’s how I came to Jesus Christ. He just saved my life. And my spirit changed. My spirit changed from wanting to do whatever I want, wanting to commit all of these evil things, wanting to smoke, and wanting to lie and cheat. My spirit changed from that to literally wanting to be righteous, wanting to do right things. Literally, innate…instinct, my instinct is no longer to do those evil things. My instinct is to want to do the right thing, to want to be righteous, and want to serve God. That’s my instinct now; that’s my spirit now. A whole new spirit was given to me by Jesus Christ, by God. Thank God.”

How can we dismiss these people’s experience and be so suspicious of them? How can we call this the counterfeit revival that Ellen White warned us of? To do so is not right. To do so is to blind our minds to the future true revival that garners “a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues,” that, with or without us, will surely stand “before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands.” (Rev. 7:9).

Everyone who will not fall on the Stone Jesus Christ and be broken; everyone who will not confess from a poured out soul His work of salvation, as have these YouTube heroes of faith, will not see the kingdom of God coming from God out of heaven. They are rich in this world and have need of nothing from heaven. They are the 99 righteous persons who have no need for repentance; they were never lost. They are praying to themselves; their prayers go no further than the ceiling. They have no certainty of salvation because they have no salvation. The Spirit doesn’t witness with their spirit that they are children of God because they aren’t children of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home