TruthInvestigate

“Oh, the unspeakable greatness of that exchange,—the Sinless One is condemned, and he who is guilty goes free; the Blessing bears the curse, and the cursed is brought into blessing; the Life dies, and the dead live; the Glory is whelmed in darkness, and he who knew nothing but confusion of face is clothed with glory.”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingsland, Georgia, United States

A person God turned around many times.

Thursday, December 21, 2017

The rocks are crying out—a foretaste of the Latter Rain

While he was only a twenty-year-old fulfilling a sixty year prison sentence, Matt fought an inmate and he beat him until the man was in a coma. For the first time Matt felt guilty. Now he felt the need to address his guilt. After spending a year in solitary confinement reading a Bible that his father had given him, that’s when Matt became a new man.

“I could feel like a fire within me. It was a change from my perspective of my surroundings and my world. I realized God had touched my heart. And I understood from scriptures what that meant. And I knew that from that day on I was changed. That I was still a sinner, I still had done a lot of things bad, I was in prison, but I knew I was on the path of getting my life together, of committing my life to Christ, and trying to live a life that was going to glorify Him. The simplicity of it just amazed me. That I didn’t get this as a kid, and now I’m reading this. I can give God all my brokenness and sin, and in return He gives me grace and peace and everlasting life.”

Over the past couple of days I’ve been watching videos of testimonies from people who had been deep in drugs and captivity to the devils. These folks are true disciples who Jesus delivered from the clutches of Satan, modern disciples of Jesus like those who walked with Him 2,000 years ago. Below I have listed the addresses of these powerful stories from our brothers and sisters who came directly out of the crime world and the spirit world.

Some common threads in every testimony I see is that once the Spirit of our High Priest took His abode in their hearts, the Bible became the center of their love! Every time! No commentaries! No books to explain the scriptures, or self-help books on the way to be saved! The anointing taught them; God was their teacher. They read no books like, Salvation For Dummies. They read the Bible alone. Even the 400 year old King James Version was perfectly understandable to them! The King James Version all by itself became infinitely relevant. They didn’t need the watered down chaff of the NIV. Verily, the holy Word of God is the vehicle for Jesus to enter our hearts through His Spirit. Truly His words are Spirit and they are life!

These powerful sons and daughters of Christ all came to realize that God is not an impersonal force, but a personal Friend, a personal Saviour, a personal Father, a personal Protector. No sooner did that realization hit them than they crumbled before Him. To their personal Saviour they poured out their souls unto death. They were crucified with Christ; they were planted together with Him. Many said they felt His arms wrap around them. Others said that all nature seemed brighter and happy. One said that the wind and nature seemed to be praising Him, and after he said this repentance again came over him with tears in his voice. “For both He that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brethren.” (Heb. 2:11). All became new creatures in Christ. Beautiful! Wonderful! Powerful! Amen and Amen!

Jesus’ power, His love, His grace, their humility, their full acceptance of consequences, are the only things that we hear from their mouths. All their glory goes to God and His Son. All are wearing the fruit of the Spirit of Jesus.

Another thought is that we see how Jesus is using Christians from other denominations to lead His needy children to surrender to Himself. History is repeating; the days of Jesus healing the demon possessed are here again. Do we want to be healed? Are we willing to admit with them that we are possessed by the devil?


Among other scriptures, the following promises came to mind as I watched these saints of the Lord, these blessed children of the Most High.

“For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people.” (Isa. 60:2).

“I waited patiently for the LORD; and He enclined unto me, and heart my cry.
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.” (Ps. 40:1-3).

“Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
For day and night Thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.
I acknowledged my sin unto Thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD: and Thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
For this shall every one that is godly pray unto Thee in a time when Thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto Him.
Thou art my hiding place; Thou shalt preserve me from trouble; Thou shalt comnpass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.” (Ps. 32:1-7).

“Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and His glory shall be seen upon thee.
And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.” (Isa. 60:1-5).

“But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.” (John 1:12,13).

“For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
So shall My word be that goeth forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.” (Isa. 55:10-13).

“What Man of you, having an hundred sheep, if He lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until He find it?
And when He hath found it, He layeth it on His shoulders, rejoicing.
And when He cometh home, He calleth together His friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with Me; for I have found My sheep which was lost.
I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.” (Luke 15:4-7).

Every word from these (I assume) non-Adventists is in perfect agreement with all that I have read from the books of the Spirit of Prophecy, Steps to ChristDesire of Ages, etc. Their anointing gave them perfect theology, better theology than 99 just persons who have never needed repentance. These anointed ones can articulate the science of salvation because they have experienced the science of salvation.

Some last quotations that are strong reproof to me and many other Adventists. If we won’t come to our own surrender of self-management, pouring out our souls unto death like the people in the above videos, and do this work of evangelism, then the Lord will accomplish that work without us. The rocks will cry out, and we will be judged as wicked. We will cry, “Crucify them! Crucify them!” We will try to stop the rocks from crying out, as the dead King Saul tried to put an end to the spiritual and lively son of Jesse.

“Judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.
Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased Him that there was no judgment.
And He saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore His arm brought salvation unto Him; and His righteousness, it sustained Him.
For He put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon His head; and He put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloke.” (Isa. 59:14-17).

“As the priests and temple officials witnessed this great work, what a revelation to them were the sounds that fell on their ears! The people were relating the story of the pain they had suffered, of their disappointed hopes, of painful days and sleepless nights. When the last spark of hope seemed to be dead, Christ had healed them. The burden was so heavy, one said; but I have found a helper. He is the Christ of God, and I will devote my life to His service. Parents said to their children, He has saved your life; lift up your voice and praise Him. The voices of children and youth, fathers and mothers, friends and spectators, blended in thanksgiving and praise. Hope and gladness filled their hearts. Peace came to their minds. They were restored soul and body, and they returned home, proclaiming everywhere the matchless love of Jesus.” Desire of Ages, p. 163.

“Whoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for My sake shall find it.” (Matt. 16:25).

“And a little child shall lead them.” (Isa. 11:6).

Let us do the first works of falling on the Stone and being broken. Let us pour out our souls like we witnessed from the people in these videos. Let our self die as we give our empty souls to Jesus so that we can start a new life bound up in His arms. Let us see something missing in our religious experience when we see the struggles of these captives finding their Deliverer from sin. And like them, we will find him who is our life.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home