TruthInvestigate

“Oh, the unspeakable greatness of that exchange,—the Sinless One is condemned, and he who is guilty goes free; the Blessing bears the curse, and the cursed is brought into blessing; the Life dies, and the dead live; the Glory is whelmed in darkness, and he who knew nothing but confusion of face is clothed with glory.”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingsland, Georgia, United States

A person God turned around many times.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Christ's umbra and His penumbra

 
 
Jesus will be our shield and exceeding great reward. And His shadow has an umbra and a penumbra. His umbra shields us perfectly from His Father’s wrathful holiness; and His penumbra shields us only partially. His umbra is large enough for the whole world to live under, certainly every child of God. But most Christians live under His penumbra, and unnecessarily suffer from the wrath of God. They don’t have the richness and thirst quenching water of life that Jesus wants to give. They don’t receive the glory of God in the face of Jesus. They receive the glory of God straight from His Majesty, and are blinded. They attempt to stand before God without a Mediator, which is spiritual and emotional suicide. They fear the guilt and shame of coming to Jesus, the perfect example of the Law. But He is also the perfect example of forgiveness and pardon. He forgives and forgets, forever. Forgetting those things which are behind us, He helps us to forget those things. But, instead of drinking of the water of life freely, they drink of the cup of the fierceness of the Father’s wrath, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of His indignation. These children of God are tormented with fire and brimstone, and the smoke of their torment ascends up for ever and ever. And they have no rest day nor night. Sooner or later, they will have to make the big choice--either surrender to some humiliation and loss of boasting, or cling to that filth and dung, and receive the full wrath of God. But, this is unnecessary.
 

Those who have given up the attempt to live before the holy God without a Mediator must lose much braggadocio and pride, but the added benefits are well worth the terrible losses sustained. Christ’s inoffensive presentations of His holy Father keep them in good courage as they walk in the light of His Father that is veiled by Jesus’ flesh, and the blood of Jesus cleanses them from all sin. Jesus keeps them well protected from the damaging rays of His Father’s wrath. They drink of the water of life freely. Jesus is their shield. The sun will not smite them by day or the moon by night.
 

Rev 7:13  And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Rev 7:14  And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Rev 7:15  Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple: and He that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
Rev 7:16  They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
Rev 7:17  For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
 
 
Psa 105:39  He spread a cloud for a covering; and fire to give light in the night.
 
 
Psa 84:11  For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly.
 

Psa 32:7  Thou art my hiding place; Thou shalt preserve me from trouble; Thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
 
 
Psa 28:1  A Psalm of David. Unto Thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if Thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.
Psa 28:7  The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise Him.
Psa 28:8  The LORD is their strength, and He is the saving strength of His anointed.
 
 
Psa 27:5  For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a rock.
Psa 27:13  I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
 
 
Joh 3:36  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
 
 
Gen 15:1  After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
 
 
Isa 32:2  And a Man shall be as an hiding place from the wind, and a covert from the tempest; as rivers of water in a dry place, as the shadow of a great rock in a weary land.
 
 
Psa 121:5  The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
Psa 121:6  The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
Psa 121:7  The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: He shall preserve thy soul.
Psa 121:8  The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

 


1 Comments:

Blogger Nsubuga Daniel said...

Dear David, thank you so much for posting this Christ's umbra and His penumbra, I felt so happy as I read the last promises In the book of Psalms and Revelation. That the Lord shall our keeper and no sun to smite us. That also there will be no more tears. Thank David its good and I feel I must share it with many people. Even other posts I hadnt read. are so good. I praise God so much. I am sick but has given me courage for the day.This post,Christ's umbra and His penumbra is one of your best expostions

2/17/2016 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home