TruthInvestigate

“Oh, the unspeakable greatness of that exchange,—the Sinless One is condemned, and he who is guilty goes free; the Blessing bears the curse, and the cursed is brought into blessing; the Life dies, and the dead live; the Glory is whelmed in darkness, and he who knew nothing but confusion of face is clothed with glory.”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingsland, Georgia, United States

A person God turned around many times.

Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Our brethren

The Protestant denominations are the brethren of the Advent movement. Just as Jehoshaphat King of Judah said to Ahab, King of Israel, "I am as thou art, my people as thy people" (2Ki. 3:7). "Jehoshaphat made peace with the king of Israel." (1Ki. 22:44).

We are all from the same spiritual stock. We are all born from freedom and our roots are the Bible. Whether atheist or churched, whether Sunday keepers or Sabbatarians, we think alike, at varying degrees. Basically we all agree upon liberty and the separation of church and state.

Whether or not that last principle is being eroded and a re-education program is going on, that is another post. But, certainly it is true, we are brethren and our common sympathies go deep.

True it is, that the Bible is playing less and less of a central role in the denominations; but, at one time it molded our English language. Protestantism, at one time, lived by and died for that Book. In America especially, the words of the Bible were heard so often in the ears of the populace, that we have, passed down to us, many idioms of our culture that use King James Version phrases built right into our every day speech. Few atheists realize they are quoting Scripture so often.

“Skin of my teeth” (Job 19:20), “count the cost” (Lk. 14:28), “the stroke” (Ez. 24:16), “the writing on the wall” (Dan. 5:5), “safe and sound” (Lk. 15:27), etc. just to name a few; not to mention expletives and some crude sayings. So far, I’ve counted 53 KJV secularized idioms. I found another one just the other day, “fell flat on his face.” It comes from Numbers 22:31. When Balaam, running after his reward for curses on Israel, saw the angel with a sword about to destroy him, “he bowed down his head, and fell flat on his face.”

Even if we don't recognize our unity, Protestants are bound to Adventists by ties that cannot be broken without a severe effort. So, we are not a cult, as our doctrines come from the Bible. We didn't come up with our own version. The Clear Word Bible is not our authorized version. The King James is all that I ever use and refuse to use the Clear Word because I've seen a problem with it. The Spirit of Prophecy is not our Bible, but the best motivator to study the Bible and to think on our own. In fact, I'm finishing up a manuscript that I hope will go out soon as an e-book that has a whole different take on the seven trumpets of Revelation and the Investigative Judgment. Its really exciting.

I want to reach Laodicea--that is Adventism and our brethren Protestants. We have all fallen asleep. I've been praying that I don't offend anyone, Adventist or otherwise. But I do feel the need to wake everyone up, myself included.

Take care, everyone. I'll let you know when my book is out.
David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home