TruthInvestigate

“Oh, the unspeakable greatness of that exchange,—the Sinless One is condemned, and he who is guilty goes free; the Blessing bears the curse, and the cursed is brought into blessing; the Life dies, and the dead live; the Glory is whelmed in darkness, and he who knew nothing but confusion of face is clothed with glory.”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingsland, Georgia, United States

A person God turned around many times.

Monday, November 09, 2009

Bogged down

My computer is slowing down incredibly. It is bound down with extraneous operations going on behind the scenes. While I’m trying to write emails, it is also processing advertisements and who knows what else.

It takes me an hour to write one email, during which time I wait long periods for the cursor to show up where I clicked for it to be, and then wait again for the letters to show up that I typed in. Often, I type before the processor knows it is supposed to be where I am typing, and my letters and words are lost until the cursor finally begins blinking again. Then I have to retype those words. Sometimes, they show up in a different place on the email because, even though I thought the cursor was where I wanted it, the computer thought the cursor was somewhere else.

Sometimes our hearts and minds are just like this. We may want to do right and say right things. But if our soul is battered by this loveless world and really focused on the pains of life, even our best efforts to do and say good things just can’t happen. Satan is playing in the background of our mind and soul, and frustrating the holy thoughts and beautiful impressions of God’s Spirit.

Sometimes, we bog down and can’t find anything to say or do. Life has lost all purpose; we are dumbfounded. Confused and confounded, we sit in darkness and silence, utterly distraught. What can we do? What good are we? What can God do with me?

“As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?
When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me…
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance.
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.” (Ps. 42:1-5,11).

All we can do is cry out to God in our loneliness for His love and righteousness. If we have no other human “help-meet” then our God will be that for us. In those times we the most grow in grace and in a knowledge of Jesus who has been in the hopeless dark. He is touched with the feelings of our infirmities Himself having been tempted in all things as we have been. He will give ear. He will hearken and do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home