TruthInvestigate

“Oh, the unspeakable greatness of that exchange,—the Sinless One is condemned, and he who is guilty goes free; the Blessing bears the curse, and the cursed is brought into blessing; the Life dies, and the dead live; the Glory is whelmed in darkness, and he who knew nothing but confusion of face is clothed with glory.”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingsland, Georgia, United States

A person God turned around many times.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Another email

This is very good news (a baptism), brother. There is more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 just persons whose proud hearts need no repentance.

What do you think of the Sabbath School lesson this week? Isn’t it powerful? Jesus’ mental suffering came from bearing the burden of sin that someone does who has no one higher to cast it on. I see that, even as the mighty Son of God whose hatred of sin was as grievous as His Father’s, He had never had to face it alone. He always had His Father’s bosom to weep on, His Father had forever been His relief. From eternity past, He always had always given His grief to His Father. He had hung on His Father. He had emptied His soul to His God, and His Father had always been comforted in comforting His precious Son.

Now, He was all alone. His Father was carefully separating Himself as He was treating Christ as sin, for our sake. The Father was unburdening Himself of His full hatred upon the universe-wide sin problem. The Father and Son worked together to bring a full end of sin, while saving as many children of Adam as They could.

Tell me the old, old story of unseen things above,
Of Jesus and His glory, of Jesus and His love.
Tell me the story simply, as to a little child,
For I am weak and weary, and helpless and defiled.

Tell me the story slowly, that I may take it in,
That wonderful redemption, God’s remedy for sin.
Tell me the story often, for I forget so soon;
The early dew of morning has passed away at noon.

Tell me the story softly, with earnest tones and grave;
Remember I’m the sinner whom Jesus came to save.
Tell me the story always, if you would really be,
In any time of trouble, a comforter to me.

Tell me the same old story when you have cause to fear
That this world’s empty glory is costing me too dear.
Yes, and when that world’s glory is dawning on my soul,
Tell me the old, old story: “Christ Jesus makes thee whole.”

Tell me the old, old story, tell me the old, old story,
Tell me the old, old story, of Jesus and His love.


Take care, my brother.
David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home