TruthInvestigate

“Oh, the unspeakable greatness of that exchange,—the Sinless One is condemned, and he who is guilty goes free; the Blessing bears the curse, and the cursed is brought into blessing; the Life dies, and the dead live; the Glory is whelmed in darkness, and he who knew nothing but confusion of face is clothed with glory.”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingsland, Georgia, United States

A person God turned around many times.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Email to a friend

Hello friend,

I hope your week has been rewarding in the Lord’s work. Working with things is nice, but there is no better work than working with hearts and minds. And working in dependence on God is the most blessed. Here is a website on Morris Venden’s sermons
http://www.tagnet.org/lagroradio/sermonv.htm. His sermons were recorded through Voice of Prophecy Radio program, so you have to wait for the opening song and remarks before the sermon starts.

This Sabbath I’m going up to WV for a Thanksgiving program. I didn’t know if you wanted to go or even could go. Maybe you are scheduled to have a program at a church somewhere. K_____ said she wouldn’t be in Moorefield this Sabbath because she was planning to be in Washington DC to listen to a special preacher.

Last Sunday morning before the cold weather came, B______ and I went to a park in Washington and delivered the blankets and socks to the homeless people. Then I offered them some tracts and Bible studies and they all wanted to read them. They were very receptive. One person was a Hispanic woman who really looked sad and seemed like she wanted something better than that life. I tried to encourage her to seek the Lord and follow Him. I think about her often. I’d like to go back and talk to her some more. I wish you had been there. You could have spoken Spanish and I think she would have been helped much more.

B______ was glad to go with me, but she has a selfish seed in her that made her upset that those people didn’t have to be homeless and should get a job. But she doesn’t understand Righteousness by Faith and that they need God’s help to change. He changes the heart, makes them love, and then pulls them out of the pit they are in. B______ doesn’t understand that she is in the same pit as they are—the pit of self-love and trust in self.

The whole world is in that pit. They may say, “I studied hard and made a good life for myself. I have a nice house and nice cars and a mountain of electronics.... And I did it on my own.” They fail to see that the biggest battle to fight is for trust and love. Those two are the deepest, most health-giving blessings and they are far out of reach to the people who feel proud that they have worked hard to have all the earthly possessions. They have it all and are still dying of cancers at an early age. This is because, in spite of having the best stuff and the “good life,” all the stress to keep it and protect it from being taken away is killing them.

Stress, the #1 killer sneaks in and robs them and their families of happiness. And where does stress come from? Lack of faith and love. Even if they have kept the first 7 laws of health (fresh air, pure water, exercise, rest, sunlight, proper diet, abstemiousness) on their own, they still lack the 8th law, Trust in divine power, and if you break one, you break them all and you get cancer anyway.

Well, I’ll let you go. It’s always good to talk with you and the visit at your house last Friday night was very good. I am so encouraged to see people, young and old, who remain faithful to Jesus when the rest of their family are not SDA Christians. To me, that speaks of a true conversion. You, K_____, and some of the other young people there are such an encouragement to me in that way. Let’s keep walking in the light as Jesus is in the light. He will soon come and wipe every tear from every eye.

David

“Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.” (Is. 51:11).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home