TruthInvestigate

“Oh, the unspeakable greatness of that exchange,—the Sinless One is condemned, and he who is guilty goes free; the Blessing bears the curse, and the cursed is brought into blessing; the Life dies, and the dead live; the Glory is whelmed in darkness, and he who knew nothing but confusion of face is clothed with glory.”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingsland, Georgia, United States

A person God turned around many times.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Love like we've never known

“Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of Myself: but the Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me.

And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth Me no more; but ye see Me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in My Father, and ye in Me, and I in you. He that hath My commandments, and keepeth them, He it is that loveth Me: and He that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love Him, and will manifest Myself to him.

If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make Our abode with him.

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” (Jn. 14:10,11,16-21,23,27).

Jesus was trying to express, to the best of His ability, to His disciples, who were oblivious to divine spirituality, the intimacy and friendship He had with the God of perfect righteousness and love. His Father was the author of loyalty and responsibility to principles of goodness.

As the infant is knit with the soul of its nursing mother, a deeply seated bond develops that can never be broken; so it was with the Son of God to the Ancient of Days.

We can have perfect peace only in the same way Jesus had it—in that union, that perfect knitting of souls, weaving our threads together, resulting in an experience which manifests itself in a character that is woven without seam from top to bottom, our threads criss-crossing Jesus’, regularly moved over and under His, and His in and out of ours.

It is only thus that we can say with Jesus, “the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.” (vs. 30).

5 Comments:

Blogger Roseuvsharon said...

I find it most interesting that Jesus often spent quiet times of prayer before His disciples woke up. He was in constant communion with the Father.

Jesus set a good example when spending all night in prayer before making a big decision. You can read where Jesus spent the whole evening communing with His Father before the selection of the 12 disciples.

8/16/2008 7:58 PM  
Blogger David said...

Yes, Sharon, that is so true. I would like to have that much more. Hopefully, as time advances and we draw nearer to the final sealing, we will all know that kind of communion.

8/17/2008 5:16 AM  
Blogger David said...

Sharon,
How do I read your blog? I can't seem to access it.

8/17/2008 5:19 AM  
Blogger imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

I was drawn to this post - love like we've never known. I see you just keep on postin'........ blessings!

8/26/2008 2:12 PM  
Blogger David said...

And blessings to you too, Gabrielle Eden. Love you, sister!

8/26/2008 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home