TruthInvestigate

“Oh, the unspeakable greatness of that exchange,—the Sinless One is condemned, and he who is guilty goes free; the Blessing bears the curse, and the cursed is brought into blessing; the Life dies, and the dead live; the Glory is whelmed in darkness, and he who knew nothing but confusion of face is clothed with glory.”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingsland, Georgia, United States

A person God turned around many times.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Draw me nearer

The words of the hymn we sang today stood out for me.

I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But…

What’s amazing to me is the “But.” The love of God! What could be greater than the assurance of His love? Billions are looking for such a thing; billions are without hope in this world because they don’t have a knowledge of the Love of God.

Isn’t it enough to hear the Lord’s voice that told of His love for us? Can such a privileged person be so bold as to ask for something greater? A little daring, wouldn’t you say? Like looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Yet, when we are drawn into a relationship with God, we can be daring and bold without repercussions. We can do like many a son and grandson of Presidents have done throughout American history—walk into the President’s oval office, and even cabinet meetings, uninvited. And they were not thrown out, as anyone else would have been. Rather, they were warmly received, given the answer to whatever questioned bothered them, and then sent out by the hand of their mother or some kind helper.

It was the covenant relationship that allowed the 70 elders of Israel to see God without any harm coming to them. “And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under His feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in His clearness. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel He laid not His hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.” (Ex. 24:10,11).

Likewise, we can receive all that God can give us today, and still go in to ask for more tomorrow. “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” (Heb. 4:16).

I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.

Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died.
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was still in the high grade school I used to play the piono for the church,I enjoyed especially the words "But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee".
I loved that song I am thine oh Lord and now I have liked it even more when David put it on his blog and it nice How I have liked the comments on it especially from Heb 4:16.
How I wish many people read the same.

Nsubuga D

7/30/2008 2:41 AM  
Blogger David said...

Thank you Daniel.

We surely have nice privileges being in the Beloved.

7/30/2008 5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home