TruthInvestigate

“Oh, the unspeakable greatness of that exchange,—the Sinless One is condemned, and he who is guilty goes free; the Blessing bears the curse, and the cursed is brought into blessing; the Life dies, and the dead live; the Glory is whelmed in darkness, and he who knew nothing but confusion of face is clothed with glory.”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingsland, Georgia, United States

A person God turned around many times.

Friday, April 25, 2008

An email

Hi S_____,

I was thinking of you and J_____ a couple days ago and was going to email you then, but got caught up in everything. I am glad to hear the good update. Is that J______’s first? A son. A baby always adds a new dimension to life. Having kids is the oldest thing in the world, but it still always takes us by surprise. And I’m glad it does. I don’t know anyone who has it so all together that a new life doesn’t upset the apple cart. Good for them, those little, tiny whippersnappers! ...

I believe we are in the middle of the great delusion, spoken of by Paul, before Jesus returns. If the devil can’t convince us, he’ll work to confuse us. He’s got this whole country mixed up. I overheard a movie about a hospital that my brother in law was watching last night. I guess it was a comedy, but the vulgarity was perfuse and the foolishness was overwhelming. This is the diet that next generation feeds their minds on? No wonder straight, wholesome Bible truth has no appeal to them.

But I feel very strongly about one redeeming thing. That is that in all that foolery a seed of anxiety begins to grow bigger and bigger. This is because love is the only thing that keeps the human mind and body functioning, and there is no love coming out of the theatres and TVs. Zero love, absolute zero. We are in God’s image and that means we must be loved.

We were created foreigners to a cold life without love. Fun doesn’t substitute for love and acceptance and forgiveness, chemicals whether legal or illegal don’t substitute, sex or nature scenes or relaxation methods or diversions don’t do it. So that anxiety for not being loved, even with all the excitement and suspense that Hollywood throws at them, will eventually, in the determined soul, overthrow the perceived goodies of the foolishness and fun industries.

I see Satan busy at work, using the machinery he has inspired men to invent, playing our psyches like puppet strings to get people to do and feel what he wants. Almost all are oblivious to the source of their anxiety, and many are unwilling to give up the cause of their internal pain.

Love and trust. Those two will win in the end. Aren’t you glad for that? I want to be on the winning side and start getting ready by learning more and more about God’s love. Nothing else works in this life. Not money, love makes the world go around. It is what the whole world has lacked all this time. I believe it will fix all the world’s problems. Its the only solution for the deepest addictions, and G_____’s only hope. And before Jesus comes, it will be preached loudly and clearly, and poured out on everyone who believes.

Those will be exciting times.

I’m in the middle of writing a post on my blog about love. I’ll send it to you when I finish, if you like.

Take care, little B___.

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home