TruthInvestigate

“Oh, the unspeakable greatness of that exchange,—the Sinless One is condemned, and he who is guilty goes free; the Blessing bears the curse, and the cursed is brought into blessing; the Life dies, and the dead live; the Glory is whelmed in darkness, and he who knew nothing but confusion of face is clothed with glory.”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingsland, Georgia, United States

A person God turned around many times.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Jesus, God-breathed

In their great preaching and revivals, John the Baptist and the apostle Paul were just stones crying out compared to Jesus. The Son of God was God-breathed, the Word of God. His life was tentative yet fully in authority; all-powerful, yet needing to be wholly reliant on His Father for His life. Without continual, unbroken back and forth communion, without the flow of love from His Father and back to Him again, Christ’s life would have been snuffed out, as it did get snuffed out on the cross when His Father cut Himself off from His Son for our sake. The Baptist and the apostle, David and Daniel, Abraham and Enoch, creatures as they were, and sinners at that, couldn’t touch the infinite magnitude of dependence the Anointed One had for His Father.

This is how They were Elohim—one. “Hear O Israel, Yahweh Elohim is one Yahweh.” (Deut. 6:4). They were one, like the valence bonds that hold together the atoms which form all matter in creation, so that splitting of that bond releases tremendous power. So the infinite bond between Father and Son could never be broken; nothing could separate their oneness—except our sin. And the splitting of them apart sent peals of thunder from Earth to the distant most bounds of the inhabited universe.

In that bond, the Son knew perfect trust and love. And out of that bond flowed His perfect surrender and vulnerability. We hear it in His last prayer in Gethsemane before the divine separation began, before the One—for the first time in all of eternity—became Two.

“I have glorified Thee on the earth: I have finished the work which Thou gavest Me to do.
“And now, O Father, glorify Thou Me with Thine own self with the glory which I had with Thee before the world was….
“I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which Thou hast given Me; for they are Thine.
“And all Mine are Thine, and Thine are Mine; and I am glorified in them.
“And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to Thee. Holy Father, keep through Thine own name those whom Thou hast given Me, that they may be one, as We are….
“As Thou hast sent Me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
“And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth….
“Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word;
“That they all may be one; as Thou, Father, art in Me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in Us: that the world may believe that Thou hast sent Me.
“And the glory which Thou gavest Me I have given them; that they may be one, even as We are one:
“I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent Me, and hast loved them, as Thou hast loved Me.
“Father, I will that they also, whom Thou hast given Me, be with Me where I am; that they may behold My glory, which Thou hast given Me: for Thou lovedst Me before the foundation of the world.
“O righteous Father, the world hath not known Thee: but I have known Thee, and these have known that Thou hast sent Me.
“And I have declared unto them Thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith Thou hast loved Me may be in them, and I in them.” (Jn. 17:4-5,9-11,18-26).

As the first Adam was a living soul, so the second Adam was the same and more. His soul lived only as His Father’s soul lived. Their heart beat in perfect unison. Paul, the greatest Christian and a recipient of many visions, needed a thorn in the side, the messenger of Satan to buffet him, in order to keep from being over exalted because of his sinful nature.

But Christ never needed such a discipline. His nature was spotless. His visions were continuously fed by the Spirit of His Father. “He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: He that cometh from heaven is above all.
And what He hath seen and heard, that He testifieth; and no man receiveth His testimony.
He that hath received His testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.
For He whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto Him.
The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into His hand.” (Jn. 3:13-35).

And “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” (Vs. 36). He can restore us to be what the first Adam was, living souls. But, Christ “the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.” (1Cor. 15:45). He had to be more than what He could make of us. Upon incarnation, He continued what He had been from eternity past, the Word which had made all things.

By the God-breathed breath of His mouth, “were the heavens made; and all the host of them…. He spake, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast.” (Ps. 33:6,9). In the beginning, the one Elohim created the heavens and the Earth.

And, in Their mutual oneness, They will recreate us.

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
Fill me with life anew,
That I may love what Thou dost love,
And do what Thou wouldst do.

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
Until my heart is pure,
Until my will is one with Thine,
To do and to endure.

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
Till I am wholly Thine,
Until this earthly part of me
Glows with Thy fire divine.

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
So shall I never die,
But live with Thee the perfect life
Of Thine eternity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home