TruthInvestigate

“Oh, the unspeakable greatness of that exchange,—the Sinless One is condemned, and he who is guilty goes free; the Blessing bears the curse, and the cursed is brought into blessing; the Life dies, and the dead live; the Glory is whelmed in darkness, and he who knew nothing but confusion of face is clothed with glory.”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingsland, Georgia, United States

A person God turned around many times.

Monday, February 09, 2009

I believe in righteousness by works

It’s true. I am a believer in righteousness by works. But let me explain. I believe in righteousness by God’s works.

When I say this, I don’t mean to be funny or to play with your heart and mind. Its not semantics or theological license. In all seriousness, obedience must be had; misbehavior must go away; sin must be gotten rid of or it will destroy us and everyone we love. If I have the bad habit of slapping you, I need to quit, now! If I’m selling drugs to your child, I need to get stopped at all cost. The law is good, and holy, and just.

Yet, in saying all that, I still believe in righteousness by God’s works—trusting in Him to do the work. In other words, faith must work through God’s power, not I. How does this happen? What are the mechanics?

Jesus gave the greatest offer ever made. “Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” (Matt. 11:28). This was the greatest offer ever made because the greatest need of the human race is righteousness and rest. We can’t naturally seem to have them both; it’s either one or the other. Either we have righteousness and exhaustion, or we have rest with “wasting and destruction in all of our ways.” We naturally gravitate to havoc and chaotic lifestyles because our fallen natures love that kind of environment. We love sin and hate righteousness. We live to please self and distain and complain to lay self down.

It’s not in our natures to deny self, sacrifice self, forget self. But, conversely, it is in our natures to please self, preserve self, remember and serve self. We need help, and we need it desperately. And there is no denying that we are selfishly motivated. From birth we come out like Jacob, grabbing our brother’s heel to get the upper hand on him—born in one-up-manship. The Lord really knows how to teach us about ourselves. David was right on target, “Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.” (Ps. 51:5).

What we need is a new nature, a divine nature, and a strong hand upon us overcoming our propensity to evil. We need to have our consciences wrestled with under the heaviest conviction. We need to have our pride smelted under the hottest love. We need to be delivered from a master who encourages us to please ourselves by a new master who encourages us to be strong to deny self.

We need a savior from sin. He needs to be tender and pitiful, yet strong to uphold equity, and to be unenslaved to sin. He must firmly stand up against every form of greed, appetite, indolence, self-exaltation. And we have such a High Priest, “who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens,” who “offered up Himself,” “having obtained eternal redemption for us.” (Heb. 7:26,27;9:12). “But now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.” (Heb. 9:26).

If we will look and watch Him, we will be drawn to His constant care and love; trusting in our Friend, we will naturally and automatically learn and copy His ways. Through the Spirit we will understand His thoughts and motives, and obtain the mind of Christ. We will be like Him.

Will you trust His word in this and accept His beautiful offer to overcome through friendship with Him? “Will ye also be His disciples?” (Jn. 9:27). Friend, don’t say that learning to trust God is too long of a process. Don’t think you can become good some quicker way. There’s never enough time to do it right the first time; but there is always enough time to do it right the second time. So don't put off the time and effort to talk with Him and start getting acquainted. Accept righteousness by faith as the only way to real happiness.

Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

5 Comments:

Blogger elderchild said...

The "I" Must Die!

In as much as i can 'see',
That which is of the 'I' in me,

So it is i yearn, and to Our Father cry,
For deliverance from all that is of the 'I'.

The 'I', born of "imag"ination and selfish desire,
As lust, greed, and pride, stoked a consuming fire ;-(

A fire burning out of control, as 'I' leads the way,
It's smoke concealing the fleshly mind that leads one astray ;-(

Yet even in the smoke, searing heat, and blindness of 'sight',
Truth can pierce the blackness of darkness, revealing "The Light"!

And nothing can hide from "The Light", so "Light" reveals the "I",
Allowing one to "see" clearly, and clearly the "I" must die!

But to live, yet die, seems an impossible task,
And so we need of "Our Father", the impossible to ask.

Help me to "deny myself(die to self)(die to 'I')" Father!

And as HE Helps, HE reveals more and more of "The Selfless One", The One Who leads His Brethren on "The Way to The Truth of The Life". He Who was, and is The Messiah, The Son of The Only True GOD, Father(Creator) of ALL!

And as The Messiah desired above all else, so also will His Brethren desire above all else, "Father, not my will, But THY Will Be Done".......

The poem i have recorded above was begun in Creel, Chih, Mexico in '92, a time when i sought to live and experience a simple and spiritual life. Left Mexico in '93, yet returned in '04. Then on 1/26/05 the poem was completed, and 'completion' is near for each and every one of us. And for "the poor and needy", thankfully so.......

Translated, "corruptible to incorruptible" indeed and Truth.......

Home, Home at last.

Forever free from The "I"!

All Thanks, Praise and Glory Be Unto "Our Father".......

And while there is breath(spirit) there is hope many will "see",
"see" The "I" for what it is, and then desire to be set free!

And that Spirit that was in The Messiah shall "set you free, free indeed"!

So, There Is Hope!

For Miracles do happen!
Hope is there would be those who experience The Miracle that is receiving "a love of The Truth" for they will "see" The Light that is The Messiah, they will "see" that The Life is of The Spirit(not seen with the natural eye), and most certainly not of the flesh or fleshly mind("I").......

Peace, in spite of the dis-ease(darkness) that is of this world, for "the WHOLE world is under the control of the evil one"(1Jn5:19) indeed and Truth.......

Truth is never ending.......

(Returned to this place called the u.s. of a. in June of '05, yet to return to the simplicity that is rural Mexico would be welcomed, yet i realize that in all things it must be "Father(Great Spirit, GOD, Creator,,), not my will, But THY Will Be Done!)

2/09/2009 1:48 PM  
Blogger David said...

Thank you ElderChild. Most certainly "I" must be tamed and Jesus must take the throne of our heart and reasoning power. Its only if we look at Him that this can take place.

Thanks for you comment.

2/10/2009 6:13 AM  
Blogger elderchild said...

All Thanks, Glory and Praise Be Unto Our Father(Creator), HE WHO Is The Only True GOD.......

Our Father, HE yet communes with HIS Children.......

HalleluYAH!

Peace, in spite of the dis-ease(no-peace) that is of this world and it's systems of religion, for "the WHOLE world is under the control of the evil one" indeed and Truth.......

Truth is never ending.......

2/10/2009 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, When I read that I belive in righteousness by works, My heart missed a little. But On reading on I got to understand clearly your point and I see your appreciation of Christ, though still, when we belive in Christ fully we just find our selves doing the will of Our Father. And some one else from a distance my be mistaken that we legalist. Yet its the Grace of God that makes us able to do the will. God bless you brother and you have our Love

Daniel and Victoria here in Uganda

2/10/2009 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, When I read that I belive in righteousness by works, My heart missed a little. But On reading on I got to understand clearly your point and I see your appreciation of Christ, though still, when we belive in Christ fully we just find our selves doing the will of Our Father. And some one else from a distance my be mistaken that we are legalist. Yet its the Grace of God that makes us able to do the will. God bless you brother and you have our Love

Daniel and Victoria here in Uganda

2/10/2009 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home