TruthInvestigate

“Oh, the unspeakable greatness of that exchange,—the Sinless One is condemned, and he who is guilty goes free; the Blessing bears the curse, and the cursed is brought into blessing; the Life dies, and the dead live; the Glory is whelmed in darkness, and he who knew nothing but confusion of face is clothed with glory.”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingsland, Georgia, United States

A person God turned around many times.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Find Jesus' wonderful grace

Hi A________,

Its real good to hear from you. Its good to hear I’m missed. Being missed is the real meaning of life. Being praised for some talent or genius or some other ability means nothing. Just simply being missed by friends means everything.

I know what you mean by truth without love. It just doesn’t make any sense. Yet loveless truth happens all too often. It makes me wonder why? How does that happen? We say the Bible is a book of love from a God of love. Yet few Christians know how to love. How can these things be? Where did we go wrong? I’ve been looking hard at this question lately. If we look closely, I believe we will see so much in the Bible that creates turbulence in the soul. Quite possibly, the love of God is all there in everything, but I don’t think we pick up on any of it. At the best, we force ourselves to believe in His love, without any evidence from the Word. I hope you read that last sentence twice.

If you look in the Old or New Testaments and ask, Am I hearing Someone who presents Himself as winning to my trust and soul? I think you will see with me that we are programmed to see only the cold, hard truth being communicated. The Friend doesn’t come through. If He did, every Bible reading Christian would be winning and warm-hearted, a living, breathing, loving soul. Contrariwise, Christianity is the home of Crusades, Inquisitions, legalism, and self-righteous indignation. And more pervasive than those is the cold apathy and jaded indifference so widespread. “Dead in sin” is written in every forehead.

Shouldn’t the SDAs have more to offer the world that this?

Now, before you think I’m apostatizing, let me reassure you I’m not!!! But we’ve been told to examine ourselves whether we be in the faith. All those thoughts above, come from a torn, ravaged heart-searching.

My conclusion: we have every right and reason to look for a Savior from sin who meets the needs of hearts crushed by a non-stop barrage of truth given to us from the Bible. Our very existence as a remnant depends on this. We must find that appealing personality that is in the Prince of peace—the Person the disciple saw. “While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Thy name: those that Thou gavest Me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.” (Jn. 17:12).

I don’t think we’ve found it, and neither has the rest of the Christian world. It will only come by heart-searching and honest, genuine prayer straight to Jesus, demanding from Him His grace and love. And the last one there is a rotten egg.

Take care, sister. I love you much because I see your earnest, longing need of God. Thank you so much for all your encouragement.

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home