TruthInvestigate

“Oh, the unspeakable greatness of that exchange,—the Sinless One is condemned, and he who is guilty goes free; the Blessing bears the curse, and the cursed is brought into blessing; the Life dies, and the dead live; the Glory is whelmed in darkness, and he who knew nothing but confusion of face is clothed with glory.”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingsland, Georgia, United States

A person God turned around many times.

Monday, June 04, 2007

I saw God's hand

I had an amazing experience a couple of Sabbaths ago. A couple of sisters from the church and I needed to finish a set of apartments where we had started giving out tracts months ago, so I wanted to park on the far side of the complex. But we drove around for about 5-10 minutes and couldn’t find a spot that wasn’t marked “reserved” for the residents. We finally ended up parking next to the main road where we always have parked.

Back up with me for a minute. One hour previous, at the church during the fellowship dinner, I sat next to a young woman from Trinidad. We chatted and I remarked that I had an old friend from Trinidad, named Richard Thomas. We were friends in high school, but I hadn’t talked with him for decades. I asked her if Thomas was a common name in Trinidad, to which she replied that it was pretty common.

Fast forward again to the apartments. As we began to walk across the parking area from the street we saw a man putting his little boy in the car-seat of his car. Since I speak a little Spanish and he looked foreign I waited to give him a tract while the ladies walked on. I stood there waiting for him to finish buckling in his son, which seemed like a long time. Finally he stood up and our eyes met, which was my cue to ask him if he wanted a tract. As I got closer to him, he looked vaguely familiar to Richard Thomas! Then I said, “Sir, you look so familiar. Is your name Richard?” He answered, “David! Praise the Lord!”

We talked for about 10-15 minutes trying to catch up on the past 30 years. He told me that he still had a Bible I had given him so many years ago (which I don’t remember ever doing) and that he had given his life to God about 15 years ago. He said he loved that Bible so much and had marked it all up. What a thrilling experience!

I still can’t believe it happened. After we exchanged email addresses, he got in his car and drove away and I went to the ladies who were waiting for me. Liz, one of them, told me, “You know, we spent a long time trying to find a parking spot, and if we had found one in the back parking you never would have seen your friend. And if we hadn’t wasted that time before parking on the street, you would have missed him also.”

I’m telling you, the timing was perfect for that to happen. It wasn’t a mistake or accident or luck. I saw providence happen. And I like being part of it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ash Green said...

It was really insightful.
Thanks for such a nice content.
Cheers
BTW if anyone interested more have a look sawfinder.com thanks

5/18/2019 3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home