TruthInvestigate

“Oh, the unspeakable greatness of that exchange,—the Sinless One is condemned, and he who is guilty goes free; the Blessing bears the curse, and the cursed is brought into blessing; the Life dies, and the dead live; the Glory is whelmed in darkness, and he who knew nothing but confusion of face is clothed with glory.”

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kingsland, Georgia, United States

A person God turned around many times.

Friday, February 10, 2006

On Directions

This was a conversation with my daughter in her younger days.

“Betania, you need to read the question because that is half of learning.”
“OK. Go southwest...”
“No. That’s not what it says.”
“Go southwest...”
“No. Try again.”
“Go southwest...”
“No. You jumped right over some very important words.”
“Go southwest...”
“No! Try it again!”
“Go to the southwest corner of C1.”
“That’s it! You read it right this time! Its a completely different meaning now, doesn’t it. We’re at F3. You have to go northeast, not southwest to get to C1. Don’t add to or take away from the instruction.”

Betania needed my help with homework and as I corrected her she became irritated toward me instead of taking responsibility for her own mistakes. She wasn’t interested to learn the subject matter anyway. But when I got upset with her she finally gave up the attitude and accepted her duty to learn the homework.

How is it with us adults? When we read the scriptures, do we understand them? Do we comprehend God’s purposes; do we appreciate the sometimes tough ways He has chosen to deal with the sin problem? Or do we misread His methods and His trustworthiness? Is it because we are missing some very important pieces of the puzzle? Some very important concepts that have eluded us keeping us from arriving at truth and trusting in Him perfectly?

And aren’t you glad He continues by our side, teaching us patiently and determinedly, like the loving Father that He is? No one but He knows how short our probation is, our three score years and ten, this one short lifetime, our one chance to learn of Him and to accept Him as our loving Father, wholeheartedly.

“Come unto Me, all ye that labour and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly of heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.”

3 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Davis said...

David,
I am so new to this blogging business! I finally got around to clicking on your name and finding your blog. I am looking forward to looking it all over.
I am a fourth grade teacher of the gifted who used to be in the ministry, now many years ago. Sometimes I find myself cruising through a week teaching and thinking that I have it all figured out. It is usually at those times that I am like your child, and not following directions. If I have the wisdom at those times I try to renew myself in humility to God. We are so much like little children.
Pat

2/12/2006 10:03 PM  
Blogger David said...

Pat,
Isn't it so true and refreshing, that we never really grow up. There are always new lessons to learn and new opportunities to be patient with others who haven't learned what we've learned (by God's grace.)

And especially, isn't it nice to know that God knows we never finish growing up. He is the King of patience, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of peace.

2/15/2006 10:50 AM  
Blogger David said...

Pat,
Its not until the day we die and have finished the school of life, that we can say, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." 2Tim. 4:7.

3/06/2006 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home